Huge Stock Market Losses

Can we learn from others mistakes?

---
Bulletin Board Market chatter;

http://www.advfn.com/
http://www.lse.co.uk/

Friday 10 July 2009

24. Coffee Republic *Delisted*

lordkendal - 10 Jul'09 - 11:50 - 5376 of 5422


I'm inclined to believe Daimonbok's prognosis but I’d like to also believe in WelshG as where there's life there's hope?? However I have mentally written off my £160k. It would be a very big surprise to discover all maybe not lost after all?? Where to get the truth??



---

lordkendal - 10 Jul'09 - 16:39 - 5417 of 5422


Daimonbok

Happy to have made someone happy today :-))

WS

When I was in business I also mortgaged and borrowed vast amounts when necessary. I never bought a franchise, as I was clever and creative enough to create my own business either from absolutely nothing in an empty building or taking over loss making businesses, all of which I owned 100%. I personally took all the risks and I personally took all the profits.

I did have a philosophy of not believing anything I was told and only 50% of what I saw. This stood me in good stead over the years. Everything in writing and I mean everything, nothing verbally, if said put it in writing.

Expect that everyone will want to have what you have and take preventative measures. In 40 years of running my own companies nobody took anything from me apart from the staff who thought it was their perks to pilfer, until I caught them!!

I am truly sorry for any franchisee who has been ill treated by anyone. I have seen, over the last 40 years a great many people who have failed mostly because of their own inadequacies but I do have sympathy for those who have failed because of the actions of others.

I can well live with the loss of £160k it just means I will buy an apartment overlooking the Med rather than a Villa however I do know some shareholders who have been badly affected and may not ever recover from their loss.

So it would appear that we are all losers, from both sides of the fence. I know that there is a really strong sense of abuse of trust and betrayal by SB from the shareholders, which I guess, is pretty much the same from all.



lordkendal - 10 Jul'09 - 23:05 - 5430 of 5431


Thanks Guy's looks as if i'm in for a bit of travelling.

Dan. You forget i can now only afford a small appartment :-)

WS

Believe me I feel £160k's worth of pain. I have left no pain myself on others only the pain I suffer for my greed in thinking that CR was a sure thing. Goes to show that even an experienced caterer like myself can come unstuck but then again I wasn’t running it, if I had I can guarantee you the outcome would have been different.

No comments: